Slices of baguette are topped with pizza sauce and a chunky bean spread then topped with lemon zest and parsley for quick and tasty party appetizers.
Original recipe makes 8 servings
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 (15 ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup diced roasted red bell peppers
1/4 cup chopped pitted black olives
1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
1 baguette, cut into 16 (1/2-inch) slices, lightly toasted
2/3 cup Contadina® Pizza Sauce or Pizza Squeeze, or more as needed
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet. Add rosemary and garlic. Cook 1 minute; add beans. Cook 5 minutes. Lightly mash beans with a fork.
- Place bean mixture in a medium bowl and stir in peppers and olives; set aside.
- Stir together parsley and lemon zest in a small bowl; set aside.
- Spread each bread slice with 1 to 2 tsp. Pizza Sauce and top with 1 Tbsp. bean mixture.
- Sprinkle with parsley-lemon mixture.
Calories: 195 kcal
Carbohydrates: 33.9 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Fat: 3.2 g
Fiber: 3.6 g
Protein: 7.5 g
Sodium: 551 mg