Mom makes these and I love them so I thought I’d share them with you. They don’t stay around long! They are soft and yummy and kids love them.
Original recipe makes 4 dozen cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 large eggs
1 3/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 3/4 cups rolled oats
1 3/4 cups corn flake cereal
1/2 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Beat butter, brown sugar, and white sugar together in a bowl until creamy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla extract until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together both amounts of flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix flour mixture into the liquid ingredients.
- Gently mix rolled oats, corn flakes, and coconut into the dough until thoroughly combined.
- Drop the dough by tablespoons onto baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cookies are light golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Calories: 110 kcal
Carbohydrates: 16.3 g
Cholesterol: 19 mg
Fat: 4.5 g
Fiber: 0.6 g
Protein: 1.4 g
Sodium: 95 mg