A crunchy cracker with a spicy flavor to go with your favorite soup for lunch.
Original recipe makes 30 servings
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup wheat germ
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup cold butter
6 tablespoons ice-cold water, or as needed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix flour, wheat germ, sugar, ginger, mustard, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda together in a bowl.
- Cut butter into the flour mixture with a pastry blender until the crumbles are the size of small peas. Slowly add water to dough and stir with a fork until the mixture comes together to form a ball.
- Turn the dough ball onto a lightly floured surface and roll to about 1/4-inch thick; cut into small circles using a circular cookie cutter or a small, round glass. Put circles onto a baking sheet with 2 inches between.
- Bake in the oven or until nicely browned, about 10 minutes.
Calories: 53 kcal
Carbohydrates: 5.1 g
Cholesterol: 8 mg
Fat: 3.3 g
Fiber: 0.4 g
Protein: 0.9 g
Sodium: 103 mg