Looks elegant and very, very tasty.
Original recipe makes 4 to 6 servings
1/8 cup olive oil
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 medium eggplant, cubed
1 zucchini, cubed
1 medium tomato – peeled, seeded and chopped
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
1 French baguette
4 teaspoons garlic powder
6 teaspoons butter, softened
- Place olive oil and garlic in a large skillet. Fry (stirring occasionally) over a medium heat until the garlic is golden brown; approximately 2 minutes.
- Add eggplant and zucchini to the skillet, fry until the eggplant is brown and tender; approximately 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the tomato chunks to the skillet, stir the mixture until the tomato becomes a pulp. Mix in salt, oregano, and basil. Stir the entire mixture over the heat for 2 minutes, then remove pan from heat and let the mixture cool.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Slice the bread into 12 (1-inch thick) slices. Distribute garlic powder and butter evenly over the top of each slice. Place the slices directly onto the oven rack (do not use a cookie sheet, the bread will get crisper this way). Let the bread heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the oven and arrange them on a serving platter. Spread the vegetable mixture over the 12 bread slices, distribute the topping as evenly as you can. Serve immediately.
Calories: 395 kcal
Carbohydrates: 60.7 g
Cholesterol: 13 mg
Fat: 12.3 g
Fiber: 6.2 g
Protein: 12.8 g
Sodium: 1098 mg