A friend showed this to me years ago, and I added and changed amounts around to fit my taste. This goes great with any pasta dish, steak, or even seafood. If stored in a plastic bag, either open bag and microwave with a cup of water in microwave, or place 1 tablespoon of water in bag to ensure moist bread after heating.
Original recipe makes 1 loaf
1 (12 ounce) loaf French bread
1/2 cup butter at room temperature (divided)
4 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
1 (8 ounce) bottle blue cheese salad dressing
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1 (3 ounce) package grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cut French bread loaf in half lengthwise and spread butter on both cut sides. Sprinkle each side with 2 teaspoons garlic powder. Place halves on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until butter has melted and bread is hot but not toasted, about 5 minutes. Remove bread from oven.
- Turn on oven’s broiler.
- Spread half the bottle of blue cheese salad dressing over each half; sprinkle each piece of bread with mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Broil until mozzarella cheese has melted and is slightly browned, 1 to 4 minutes. Watch carefully to prevent burning. Let bread cool 2 to 3 minutes before cutting into serving pieces.
Calories: 348 kcal
Carbohydrates: 22.2 g
Cholesterol: 39 mg
Fat: 25 g
Fiber: 0.9 g
Protein: 10 g
Sodium: 698 mg