These are just like German chocolate cake, but you can eat them with your hands!
Original recipe makes 20 bars
1 (14 ounce) package individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 (18.25 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
3/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Melt caramels with 1/3 cup condensed milk.
- In a separate bowl, combine cake mix with melted butter and 1/2 cup of condensed milk. Stir well.
- Spread 1/2 of the cake mix mixture in pan and bake for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cover with caramel, chips and nuts. Put remaining cake mix on top. Bake for another 10 minutes.
Calories: 356 kcal
Carbohydrates: 48.9 g
Cholesterol: 24 mg
Fat: 17.4 g
Fiber: 0.9 g
Protein: 4.4 g
Sodium: 304 mg