This peanut butter chocolate chip bread is a favorite of my kids, either for a special breakfast on Easter morning or a side dish brought to a fancy brunch. It is a very flexible recipe. You can use it for a plain banana bread, a peanut butter banana bread, or a chocolate chip banana bread. Great for Easter brunch!
Original recipe makes 1 9×5-inch loaf
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup unsweetened crunchy peanut butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
1 large egg
1 tablespoon canola oil
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 hr 55 mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir mashed bananas, peanut butter, brown sugar, yogurt, egg, and canola oil thoroughly in a separate bowl.
- Stir the banana mixture into the dry ingredients until thoroughly combined; stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the loaf is lightly browned at the edges and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Cool the bread in the pan on a rack for 15 minutes before removing bread to finish cooling on rack. Slice when cool.
Calories: 201 kcal
Carbohydrates: 29.4 g
Cholesterol: 18 mg
Fat: 8.7 g
Fiber: 2.8 g
Protein: 4.4 g
Sodium: 182 mg