Perfect for a summer afternoon BBQ. Sliced jarred mango in the produce section works fine in this recipe as fresh mango can sometimes be hard to find and are hard to handle. All measurements are to taste and can be adjusted per individual preference.
Original recipe makes 12 servings
1/2 pound chopped shrimp
2 cups mango, cut into small dice
1/4 cup chopped green onion
1/2 cup lime juice
2 tablespoons honey, or more to taste
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 (8 ounce) round Brie cheese, sliced
1 (8 ounce) loaf French bread, sliced
- Stir the shrimp, mango, and green onion together in a bowl; set aside.
- Whisk the lime juice, honey, and cayenne pepper together in a separate bowl until blended, making sure to scrape along bottom of bowl as needed to incorporate honey; pour over the shrimp mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Arrange the bread slices on a baking sheet. Top each bread slice with a slice of Brie cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until slightly browned and the Brie cheese is soft and melted, about 5 minutes. Top each slice with 1 tablespoon of the shrimp mixture to serve.
Calories: 170 kcal
Carbohydrates: 19.6 g
Cholesterol: 48 mg
Fat: 6 g
Fiber: 1.1 g
Protein: 10.2 g
Sodium: 271 mg