Butterscotch and apple are such a great combination, these cookies are to die for!!
Original recipe makes 3 1/2 dozen
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cups packed brown sugar
10 tablespoons butter, softened
2/3 cup apple juice
2 cups butterscotch chips
3/4 cup grated apple
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Mix together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat brown sugar and 1/2 cup butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg. Gradually beat in flour mixture alternately with apple juice. Stir in 1 1/2 cups butterscotch chips, apple and 1/2 cup walnuts. Drop by slightly rounded tablespoon onto lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned. Let stand 2 minutes; cool on wire racks.
- While the cookies cool make the butterscotch glaze: Melt remaining butterscotch chips and 2 tablespoons butter in small, heavy saucepan over lowest possible heat.
- When the butter and chips have melted remove the pan from heat and stir in 1 cup confectioners’ sugar and 1 1/2 tablespoon apple juice until the glaze is smooth. Spread the glaze on the cooled cookies and sprinkle with remaining walnuts.
Calories: 369 kcal
Carbohydrates: 50.3 g
Cholesterol: 32 mg
Fat: 16.7 g
Fiber: 1.1 g
Protein: 3 g
Sodium: 218 mg