Small bites of pineapple and chicken in a delicious pastry crust!
Original recipe makes 12 bites
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cubed
2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent roll dough
1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained with juice reserved
3 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon ground ginger
- Place chicken in a large, deep skillet with 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Cook over medium high heat until no longer pink. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Separate crescent roll dough into individual triangles. Place triangles in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix 3 teaspoons reserved pineapple juice, honey and ground ginger.
- Brush each crescent roll dough triangle with the pineapple juice mixture. Place one pineapple chunk and approximately 1 tablespoon chicken meat on each triangle. Roll and seal each triangle individually.
- Bake in the preheated oven 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Calories: 434 kcal
Carbohydrates: 44.6 g
Cholesterol: 44 mg
Fat: 17 g
Fiber: 0.4 g
Protein: 23.1 g
Sodium: 637 mg