These appetizers are perfect for a party–serve in festive baking cups for easy prep and cleanup.
Original recipe makes 12 biscuits
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill plus additional for serving
4 ounces smoked salmon (lox-style), divided
1/2 cup whipped cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with twelve Reynolds® Foil Baking Cups; set aside. In a large bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in the center of flour mixture; set aside.
- Whisk together buttermilk, eggs, butter, and dill in a 2-cup measure. Add all at once to flour mixture. Gently stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Chop 2 ounces of the smoked salmon. Gently fold in salmon.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each three-fourths full.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Cool in cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Split the muffins and spread split sides with cream cheese. Sandwich some of the remaining 2 ounces smoked salmon in between muffin halves. Garnish with additional fresh dill.
Calories: 166 kcal
Carbohydrates: 18.5 g
Cholesterol: 55 mg
Fat: 7.6 g
Fiber: 0.6 g
Protein: 6 g
Sodium: 377 mg