Browned ground beef, zesty tomatoes, refried beans, and chili powder are baked with cheese for this crowd-pleasing hot dip.
Original recipe makes 6 cups
2 (14.5 ounce) cans DEL MONTE® Petite Diced Tomatoes with Chipotle Chilies or DEL MONTE® Petite Diced Tomatoes with Zesty Jalapenos
1 pound extra lean ground beef
1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 (15.25 ounce) can DEL MONTE® Whole Kernel Corn, No Salt Added, well drained
6 ounces shredded low-fat Mexican cheese blend (or half mozzarella and half reduced fat Cheddar cheese)
Chopped cilantro or green onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drain 1 can tomatoes and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown beef, stirring frequently. Add 1 can tomatoes and its liquid, 1/2 of the drained tomatoes, the refried beans and chili powder. Stir until well blended. Cook 5 minutes or until beginning to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Place in shallow 2-1/2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining tomatoes evenly over all and top with corn and cheese.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with cilantro and sour cream, if desired. Serve warm with tortilla chips.
Calories: 290 kcal
Carbohydrates: 24.6 g
Cholesterol: 24 mg
Fat: 6.5 g
Fiber: 3.5 g
Protein: 30.5 g
Sodium: 959 mg